Friday, June 5, 2009

The weather has been awesome here!!! The temp has been in the high 60's!! I am NOT a HEAT FREAK! I am so loving this weather!!! Too awesome for staying inside..as I KNOW that Hot and Humid is one the way!!! I have been very busy with landscaping my property. Things have been getting out of control and I have decided to "get a grip" and make it right! I have miles of mole trails I am planting over. These guys are making me CRAZY!!! Does anyone have any ideas on getting rid of them??? It is soooooo discouraging to make an area nice and then only to see the trails undermining what I have done. Argh!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi, ruth!:-)

    have you tried cayenne pepper sprinkled around their holes?...

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mole Update....I did try the cayenne pepper and it made the culprit pack up and leave "that" trail. It's just not easy to find all their openings. I did more research and found the moles are eating grubs, which eventually beome Japenese Beetles, another garden enemy! Solution: spread Grub-Ex on the lawn, which will kill the grubs and end the cycle and the moles will pack up and move to more "fertile" grounds.

    ReplyDelete